Apple released iOS 5.1.1 a few weeks after the iOS 5.1 announcement alongside the new iPad 3. The build number included in the new firmware for all the iOS device models is 9B206 and it includes many bug fixes such as the disturbing network switching issue on the new iPad 3.
The improvements include the reliability of HDR photography taken by the use of the lockscreen. Some minor Airplay issues were also addressed. The update also included another fix for the issue related to syncing Safari bookmarks and the Reading List.
Here is the official changelog for iOS 5.1.1:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
Those of you living in a shadow can connect the device to iTunes with a USB cable and tap the Check the Updates button in the Info section of the information page to get the latest IPSW available publically. Alternatively, you can go to the Settings > General section and choose Software update.
You can get the update through these download links:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 GSM 9B208
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2 WiFi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 3 WiFi
- iPad 3 GSM
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G